I woke up this morning (well, technically yesterday morning) feeling pretty bummed out. I had just finished watching the second season of Doctor Who the previous night and was disappointed that Rose got stuck in the parallel universe and couldn’t travel with the Doctor anymore. Worse, I got too curious about the rest of the series and peeked at some of the later episodes only to find that Rose returns, only to end up with a clone of the Doctor. This brings us to the events of this morning, i.e. waking up with a Doctor Who hangover and spending the better part of the morning sulking.
However, what started off as a not-so-promising day turned out to be rather nice. It started with the rain. Now, I might be one of the few people who love a good rain, slush and all. It was a pleasure to see rain after so long. And it also meant that spring is finally here, so yay!
That is just part of the reason for my excitement. The second, and somewhat surprising part was a comment on one of my posts by crankycaregiver, nominating me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. This is my first ever blogging award, and needless to say, I am honoured to know that she finds my blog beautiful. Thank you very much, crankycaregiver! Don’t be fooled by the username; the blog is really amazing. Being very fond of memoirs, I especially like her posts on some of her experiences. What peps up the blog is the easy humour in her style.
The rules of the award are:
1. Mention blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Include the award logo in your post.
3. Nominate 7 other blogs for the award.
4. Post 7 interesting facts about yourself.
I have completed the first two steps already. So, here are my nominations.
1. Julie Green
All right, now I have to say 7 interesting things about myself. Hmm… this is the toughest part. I am not sure whether what I consider interesting will be interesting to others. Nevertheless, I shall make an effort.
1. I talk to myself all the time. I even have full-length debates with myself.
2. I am agnostic, that is, I am uncertain about the existence of a god.
3. I have synaesthesia, which means that my senses are often connected. For example, I can “taste” smells, “see” number patterns and patterns of dates, “feel” music, etc.
4.I am an INTP personality type. I think too much, sometimes I can’t sleep because of it.
5. I love the the sky and seas. They make me feel so free.
6. I once went to a bar and drank nothing but apple juice (on the rocks! ;)) and watched men pole dance AND I maintained a poker face throughout the ordeal!
7. When I was 4, my teacher caned me on the palm four times for something mischievous I did. I clenched my teeth and held back my tears because I thought I was “too old” to cry.
So, there it is. Whew, that was one long post! I am thankful to everyone who has take the time to read and appreciate my blog. I hope to live up to the honour.